Meet Dr. Jim Martin
I am thrilled to be in the field of orthodontics, as I love meeting new people and helping them become the proud owners of beautiful life-changing smiles! Every day I strive to provide my patients with excellent care as well as an enjoyable experience during their orthodontic treatment.
I received my Master of Science degree and orthodontic specialty certificate at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Go Heels!), a program known worldwide for excellence in research and clinical care. After graduating I voluntarily completed the American Board of Orthodontics certification process to become a Board Certified Orthodontist, a distinction attained by only one in three orthodontists nationwide.
I consider community involvement an important part of my life, and I volunteer with local dental societies and with several dental clinics for the underserved throughout the state. I have previously served as president of the Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society (RWCDS), and currently serve as the Secretary/Treasurer for the North Carolina Association of Orthodontists (NCAO), as well as represent the state of North Carolina as our delegate to the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO). I attend the Summit Church and I am involved in our small group leadership. Giving back to the educational community is also a priority for me, and for nearly five years I served as adjunct assistant professor at the UNC School of Dentistry, where I taught clinical orthodontics to the dental students. My professional affiliations include:
- North Carolina Association of Orthodontists - President
- Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society - Past President
- UNC Department of Orthodontics Faculty - Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor (2016 - 2020)
- American Board of Orthodontics - Diplomate
- American Association of Orthodontists - NC Delegate (2018 - Present)
- Northeast Wake Dental Study Club - Founder and President
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Sharon Hunt Emerging Leader Award (2021)
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- UNC Orthodontic Alumni Association
I am blessed with a loving wife Lauren, a wonderful and talented former high school teacher. She and I enjoy spending time with our son Wesley and our daughters Ruthie and Alice. When I have free time, I love to read, run, listen to music, watch ACC sports, and discuss trivia questions.