Pro Bono Treatment
At Bumgarner & Martin Orthodontics, our worldview is that all are created in the image of God. Unfortunately, we live in a fallen world where people are often judged by their outward appearance or feel self-conscious about the way they look, even specifically regarding their smiles. Through various circumstances though, the opportunity for some people to correct their teeth or enhance their smile is a financial impossibility. The BMO Pro Bono Treatment Program presents on opportunity to change kids' smiles, which will help increase their self-esteem and improve their outlook for a lifetime.
Scholarships for fixed comprehensive treatment (full braces) are limited and based on several factors:
- Family income of no more than (200%) of the federal poverty level.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 10 – 18.
- Have good dental hygiene practices and had a dental hygiene check-up in the past 6 months.
- Must have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces.
- Must currently be enrolled in school.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must follow and abide by the treatment plan set forth by the orthodontist.
- Must be a resident in the Triangle area of North Carolina
- Must follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the commitment to make appointments on time.
- Must agree to all morning appointment times specified by the practice.
How do I apply?
All interested parties must submit an application to the board of directors of the program. The board will convene several times throughout the year as needed, and all received applications must be complete to be considered. If selected as a potential candidate, all applicants must receive an in-office consult to confirm candidacy for treatment. To receive materials for application, please email LaurenM@SmilesbyBMO.com (Subject: “BMO Pro Bono Application Inquiry”).
Congratulations to Past Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations McKenna and Dana!