Congratulations to our scholarship recipients!
Congratulations McKenna and Dana!
What is Smile For A Lifetime?
Bumgarner & Martin Orthodontics is proud to be a member of the Smile For A Lifetime Foundation. This Foundation is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not otherwise have the opportunity. Launched in 2008, the Smile For A Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. There are Smile For A Lifetime participating orthodontists throughout the United States, and the organization is able to sponsor the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year.
Why Do We Do It?
At Smile For A Lifetime Foundation, it is our mission to create self confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, underserved individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and our community.
At Bumgarner & Martin Orthodontics, our worldview is that all are created in the image of God. Unfortunately, we live in a fallen world where people are often judged by their outward appearance or feel self-conscious about the way they look, even specifically regarding their smiles. Through various circumstances though, the opportunity for some people to correct their teeth or enhance their smile is a financial impossibility. The Smile For A Lifetime program presents on opportunity to change kids' smiles, which will help increase their self-esteem and improve their outlook for a lifetime. Learn more at www.S4L.org.
Past Scholarship Recipients
|Aubrey Pratt||Julian Paredes||Rahel Hansen||David Abarius|
|Rebecca Ray||Tyler Rogers||Meredith Huffine||Timothy White|
|Austin Kupec||Harper Eisen||Kayla Herring||Will Hager|
|Jordan Chaulk||Neyshla Torres||Garrison Brown||Anna Walser|
|McKenna Cabot||Benjamin Brittingham||Declan Gleason||Dana Cabot|
Scholarships are limited and based on several factors:
- Family income of no more than (200%) of the federal poverty level.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 11 – 18.
- Have good dental hygiene practices and had a dental hygiene check-up in the past 6 months.
- Must have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces.
- Must currently be enrolled in school.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must follow and abide by the treatment plan set forth by the orthodontist.
- Must be a resident in the Triangle area of North Carolina
- Must follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the commitment to make appointments on time.
- Must agree to all morning appointment times specified by the practice.
How Do I Apply?
Scholarships are handled through the National Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. To apply for a scholarship, please go to www.S4L.org and click on the Apply Today link to get started; for more information about a scholarship, please call the national office at 719-535-2777. For any additional questions about the the program please email our Smile For a Lifetime Coordinator at LaurenM@SmilesbyBMO.com.